Even the most esteemed traditional universities now offer some form of distance learning opportunity. As the popularity of online education and registration in distance learning courses has grown exponentially, so has its reputation as a feasible learning method. Acceptance of online degree programs is on the rise, and many businesses now hire applicants with online degrees or provide tuition reimbursement to current employees pursuing online degrees.
Today’s employers are concerned with results. What you learned and how you can apply your knowledge to a career in your chosen subject area is far more important than how you acquired the knowledge. Employers also rate innovation and flexibility – key traits for distance learners.
So what will your online degree tell current and prospective employers about you?
• You are independent. With no class agendas or deadlines, self-paced learners must be able to work independently to achieve their goals.
• You hold technical skills. Online learning environments require students to have good computer skills. Your online education demonstrates that you know how to use the Internet, word processing, and other software applications.
• You have reasonably good writing skills. In order to be a successful distance learner, you must be able to write intelligently and coherently. Today’s employers place a high value on employees or job candidates who know the importance of good writing.
• You can communicate via electronic media. You know how to use email, electronic bulletin boards, and chat to communicate with instructors and fellow students.
• You are self-disciplined. Successful distance learners are organized and disciplined. They know how to schedule their time and move forward their goals and objectives.
• You are highly motivated. Self-motivation is an essential trait for learners in non-traditional environments.
• You are geared toward continual improvement. “Continual improvement” is a buzzword in today’s business environment, and it applies to individuals as well as businesses. Your hungriness for continual improvement is observable in your determination to earn your degree.
• You are committed to achieving your goals. Commitment – following through, pursuing your studies, and performing the required course work to earn your degree – is clearly part of the makeup of distance learners.
Almeda University is an online educational institution offering Bachelors, Masters and Doctoral degree programs in Arts, Sciences, Business Administration, and more. Almeda fills a growing need among mature students for distance learning with credit for life experience, at a cost far below traditional learning institutions.
Almeda University is an online institute that has been serving the international community since 1997. Over the past 10 years, Almeda has evolved to educate an expanding population through clipping edge curriculum design based on our students’ needs and professional service. Almeda University is ideal for many people seeking modern education because of the wide range of Associates, Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees offered through diverse fields, including business, arts and sciences, and most technical fields.